Home » Posts tagged 'advertising'
Tag Archives: advertising
What Entrepreneurs can learn from Vaseline
Marketing will make or break a new venture, so why not study some good examples? Here’s a new commercial I like a lot, with features any startup should emulate:
Why I like it:
- Lead with the product
- Get folks thinking along the right lines. This commercial leads with a shiny bottle featuring the brand prominently, which gets us thinking “health and beauty,” and a visible tagline, “Spray and Go,” which gets us thinking “fast.”
- Grab their attention
- Someone remarkable (attractive, not yet dressed) does something surprising (runs in and grabs the product).
- Demonstrate and differentiate
- “Oh, so she’s spraying it on… that’s different!”
- When the actress sits down and flips her top on, you’re surprised by how fast it is. That carries forward with the hat, pants, and shoes.
- This sense of surprise accentuates the message from the beginning about being fast.
- The uplifting soundtrack does more than set the pace, it inspires action. You want folks to buy this.
- Right at the end you have a narrator explaining what we just saw in six words, “Moisturizes deeply and absorbs in seconds,” with visuals reminding us about a single rub to get it in and how it sprays.
- End quickly
- All this happens in 30 seconds. This gives you plenty of time to watch it again for the delight factor (how many times did you watch it?).
Use the buttons below to comment or share this commercial if you like it, too!